Knowledgeable Law Firm In Arkansas Stands Up For You
Serving as trusted advocates in civil rights, Social Security Disability, family law and criminal cases
Whether an unjust law, abusive treatment by police or government officials or even your former spouse has violated your rights, you can count on Huffman Butler, PLLC to aggressively pursue the best solution for you. Relying on more than 30 years of combined legal experience, we devote our practice to civil rights, Social Security Disability, family law and criminal cases.
Our Benton attorneys strive to find practical solutions that everyone can agree with. However, as seasoned litigators, we are also prepared to take every case to trial.
Protecting civil liberties in Arkansas
Civil rights laws guarantee equal opportunities and fair treatment in many areas of your life, including employment. We staunchly protect your freedoms, and have a personal commitment to protecting citizen’s rights including:
- Second Amendment rights — Federal and Arkansas gun laws are complex. Whether you are a firearms collector, hunter or target shooter — or you simply own a gun for personal protection — we can help preserve your rights to keep and bear arms
- Fourth Amendment rights — The U.S. Constitution places limits on law enforcement when it comes to investigating and prosecuting criminal activity. We protect victims of police misconduct, including false arrest, unlawful search and seizure, and police brutality
Examples of civil rights violations in the workplace include wrongful termination, sexual harassment, discrimination based on race, color, age, sexual orientation, religious beliefs or gender, violations of the Family and Medical Leave Act, and retaliation. While workplace civil rights infringements are common, they are not the only source of violations.
We take your civil liberties very seriously, using our focused experience to fight for you. If you believe that someone has broken the law by trampling on your rights, it’s in your best interests to consult with our civil rights lawyers in Arkansas.
Defending individuals against criminal charges
A conviction for even the smallest infraction of the law will follow you for the rest of your life. You need a qualified central Arkansas & Saline County criminal defense lawyer to defend your rights. Our experience includes the following areas:
- Felonies — Felonies, including murder, tax fraud and armed robbery, can lead to significant jail time and other serious penalties. If you are charged with a felony, we can try to settle your case or we can take it to trial. Either way, we are always prepared to fight for you, protect your rights and get you the best possible outcome
- Murder and homicide — If you are under investigation for any type of homicide, you need an experienced lawyer. We understand the seriousness of the charges and do everything possible to protect your rights and achieve a positive result
- Assault, domestic violence and battery — If you are charged with a violent crime, you need a skilled and aggressive criminal defense. We can often help get the charges dismissed or reduced
- Drug crimes — Getting caught possessing, selling or distributing illegal drugs can lead to serious charges. Our seasoned defense attorneys know the law and how to manage drug offense cases
- Criminal DUI and DWI — Arkansas imposes strict penalties on individuals convicted of drunk driving, including loss of your driver’s license, monetary fines and even jail time. We represent your best interests, protect your rights and guide you through the entire process
- Sex crimes — In addition to lengthy jail time, conviction for an Arkansas sex crime often also requires registration as a sex offender. Whether you are accused of rape, indecent exposure or possession of child pornography, we protect your rights and fight hard to protect your reputation
- Crimes by juveniles — Minors charged with breaking the law face juvenile detention, fines or trial as an adult. By working with parents, teachers and members of the legal system, our firm is able to help kids charged with crimes like underage drinking, trespassing and shoplifting get back on the right path
When facing a criminal charge, time is of the essence. The sooner you call us, the sooner we can begin building your defense.
Providing guidance on Social Security Disability claims
The federal government’s Social Security Disability (SSD) program pays benefits to people who cannot work due to a serious medical condition. The U.S. Social Security Administration imposes a number of requirements related to the applicant’s medical condition, work and education history. Because many claimants are wrongly denied benefits despite their disabling medical conditions, we devote a substantial percentage of our practice to helping these individuals, including:
- SSD filings — Our Benton attorneys evaluate your eligibility for the program and help you file your claim in accordance with the requirements of the Social Security Administration
- Appeals — If the government does not initially approve your Social Security Disability claim, we can help you pursue several levels of appeals, from reconsideration of your claim to filing a lawsuit in federal court
- Social Security FAQs — Social security laws are complex. Our attorneys fully answer your questions and explain all of your legal options in a language you can understand
If you or a family member has been denied Social Security Disability benefits, you often still have legal recourse. We can explain the process and walk you through it step-by-step.
Helping central Arkansas & Saline County families deal with complex issues
Whether you want to expand your family through adoption or obtain alimony during your divorce, our family lawyers are here to help. With an in-depth knowledge of family law in Benton, our firm is skilled in a vast array of domestic law matters, including:
- Divorce — There are many issues to decide during the dissolution of marriage, including spousal support or alimony, property division, child custody and child support. We try our best to negotiate a settlement, but are always ready to enter a courtroom if necessary
- Division of assets — If spouses cannot decide how to divide their assets and liabilities, the court will make an “equitable” distribution based on a number of factors. Because this does not always mean a 50-50 split, having a lawyer to advocate on your behalf is in your best interest
- Child custody and visitation — Whether you are seeking joint, sole, legal or physical custody, we protect your parental rights. In cases of shared custody, we also help create a parenting plan and visitation schedule that benefits you and the best interests of your child
- Adoption — We work with birth mothers, stepparents, grandparents and others to facilitate the adoption process. In any situation, our skilled family lawyers guide you through the process
- Dependency neglect — Accusations of child abuse or neglect are taken very seriously in Arkansas and may result in the termination of parental rights. We represent parents whose children have been taken from them and third parties, such as grandparents and loved ones, seeking custody of a neglected child
Book your free initial consultation online with a central Arkansas attorney
Contact Huffman Butler, PLLC today for quality representation from a law firm for which zealously defending your rights is our highest priority. For a free initial consultation, call 501-315-5297 or book an appointment on our online scheduler. We are open weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and offer flexible office hours and convenient office locations in central Arkansas, Saline County and Benton. Our attorneys also travel throughout Arkansas to meet with you and discuss your case, as needed.